These raw veggie rolls are the perfect light and nutritious lunch I never got bored of!
Possibly because this delish finger food has so many personal faves all rolled into one. Seaweeds (I loooove nori! proof here and here). Clover sprouts (they turn about any meal into a crunchy, satisfying and nutrient dense treat). I always love pumping up my enzyme intake by sprinkling sprouts on sandwiches, wraps, veggie burgers, even gluten-free pizza. Juicy tomatoes! And shredded carrots (which I invariably toss into about every wrap and roll up under the sun).
Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
Nori Rolls with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup of raw unsalted sunflower seeds (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup of tightly packed fresh cilantro
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup of clover sprouts
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 3 raw nori sheets
- Place the sunflower seeds, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and salt in the Vitamix and process until you obtain a nice and creamy constancy. Add a little bit of water as need but don't over do it so the consistency remains nice and thick.
- Cut the zucchini in thin long slices using a mandoline slicer and place in the middle of the nori sheets.
- Slice the Roma tomatoes lengthwise and place along side the zucchini.
- Add the shredded carrots, sprouts and a couple tablespoons of creamy cilantro sauce and start rollin' 😉