Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
You may have noticed my culinary adventures have been on a hiatus. I’ve been slightly distracted by Fashion Week. But I’m back with a vengeance and an appetite to match!
Funny but my acquired taste for burgers coincided with my transition to a raw vegan diet.
I know it may sound rather unorthodox but growing up between Africa and Europe (not exactly burger cultures) might have something to do with that…
Juicy Raw Vegan Burger
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup of clover sprouts
- 2 cups of sunflower sprouts
- 1/2 bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 avocado sliced
- Walnut Burger Patty
- 2 cups of raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup of shredded carrots (or half a medium size carrot)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 pinch of celtic salt
- Put all the burger patty ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the consistency is slightly sticky.
- Raw walnuts are the perfect base for the patty. They have the ideal consistency and can be easily formed by hand or with an ice cream scoop.
- Slice your tomatoes in half and start piling up the goodies! Add a tablespoon of spicy cashew sauce (The sauce is the same I’m using in my no-rice raw vegan sushi recipe).
- Then add a slice of red onion, avocado, the burger patty and finish up with a generous serving of sprouts.
- I like to eat my burger open faced with a lettuce leaf or for a sloppier effect sandwiched between two tomato halves.
- Bon Appétit!
17 thoughts on “Juicy Raw Vegan Burger”
This was really tasty! I did add some onion, garlic, black pepper and cumin to mask the raw walnut flavor better though. It gave it an Italian taste. Will make again.
Awesome to hear, Sarah. Will try that Italian twist 🙂
This looks lovely! How many patties does the recipe make?
I made this the other day and it was amazing! Simple, fast, and delicious!
Absolutely love it and definitely will be making it again!
It’s fresh, juicy, and so full of flavor!
So glad to hear! xoxo
Now this looks like my kind of burger!! I would probably use the tomato as a slice on the inside, and courgette (zuchinni) as my bun =] Or lettuce for a burger-wrap.. hmm.. I think I may have to make this very soon!
That looks tasty!!
Looks delicious and I’m quite sure it tastes delicious too!!
I just tried this recipe and let me tell you: it’s awesome!!!
If I eat this on a daily basis, will I be as sexy as you? 😉
Hhhmmmmmmm… I think I will give this a try…
These babies looks tasty!!
Thanks for the recipe! I appreciate it…
This looks delish!!
Makes me wanna eat, right now!
Burgers have never looked this good!!