New York Fashion Week is over, we’re eating again! Yay!
I actually should include these delish raw vegan chocolate balls in my Fashion Week survival guide! They’re perfect for a nutritious and healthy on-the-go snack.
They’re super easy to make. I like to put them in the freezer for a few hours (so they harden a bit), throw them in a hefty bag and drop them in my purse for a quick and easy health-packed mobile meal.
All the ingredients are easy to find, the only exotic item is lucuma, “Gold of the Incas”, a superfood that’s originally from Peru. It’s super high in antioxidants and it’s a fab low glycemic sweetener.
And of course, as with all my recipes, this oil free dessert is also dairy free, gluten free.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Sesame Balls
Category Healthy Living Raw Desserts Raw Food Recipes
- 1 Cup of raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 Cup of unsulfured raisins
- 1 Cup of Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of raw coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa (or carob)
- 1 tablespoon of lucuma powder
- 1/4 Cup of raw sesame seeds
- Place all the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) in a high speed food processor using the "S" blade and process until you get a moist and sticky consistency.
- I like to use an ice cream scoop to make the balls perfectly round but you can use a use your hands. Grab a tablespoon's worth of mixture and shape your balls by rolling them between your palms.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a wooden cutting board and roll the chocolate balls until well distributed and you're done!
Shop THE GLOBAL GIRL
7 thoughts on “Raw Vegan Chocolate Sesame Balls”
You gave me an idea! I’ll stick some popsicle sticks in them and give them to my kids as well.
Choco pops yay!!
Thanks for another lovely post. These look incredible!
These chocolate sesame balls look seriously heavenly as all your recipes Ndoema ♥
I’m a choco junkie! I am so gonna do this really soon!
This is a healthy twist to oh so sinful chocolate. Thanks for the recipe!!
I’ve never heard of lucuma before. I wonder how that tastes. Will try this!
You had me at chocolate. Yummmmm!