New York Fashion Week is over, we’re eating again! Yay!
I actually should include these delish raw vegan chocolate balls in my Fashion Week survival guide! They’re perfect for a nutritious and healthy on-the-go snack.
They’re super easy to make. I like to put them in the freezer for a few hours (so they harden a bit), throw them in a hefty bag and drop them in my purse for a quick and easy health-packed mobile meal.
All the ingredients are easy to find, the only exotic item is lucuma, “Gold of the Incas”, a superfood that’s originally from Peru. It’s super high in antioxidants and it’s a fab low glycemic sweetener.
And of course, as with all my recipes, this oil free dessert is also dairy free, gluten free. Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
Raw Vegan Chocolate Sesame Balls
- 1 Cup of raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 Cup of unsulfured raisins
- 1 Cup of Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of raw coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa (or carob)
- 1 tablespoon of lucuma powder
- 1/4 Cup of raw sesame seeds
- Place all the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) in a high speed food processor using the "S" blade and process until you get a moist and sticky consistency.
- I like to use an ice cream scoop to make the balls perfectly round but you can use a use your hands. Grab a tablespoon's worth of mixture and shape your balls by rolling them between your palms.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a wooden cutting board and roll the chocolate balls until well distributed and you're done!
Shop THE GLOBAL GIRL