These raw veggie rolls are the perfect light and nutritious lunch I never got bored of!
Possibly because this delish finger food has so many personal faves all rolled into one. Seaweeds (I loooove nori! proof here and here). Clover sprouts (they turn about any meal into a crunchy, satisfying and nutrient dense treat). I always love pumping up my enzyme intake by sprinkling sprouts on sandwiches, wraps, veggie burgers, even gluten-free pizza. Juicy tomatoes! And shredded carrots (which I invariably toss into about every wrap and roll up under the sun).
Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
- 1 cup of raw unsalted sunflower seeds (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup of tightly packed fresh cilantro
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup of clover sprouts
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 3 raw nori sheets
- Place the sunflower seeds, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and salt in the Vitamix and process until you obtain a nice and creamy constancy. Add a little bit of water as need but don't over do it so the consistency remains nice and thick.
- Cut the zucchini in thin long slices using a mandoline slicer and place in the middle of the nori sheets.
- Slice the Roma tomatoes lengthwise and place along side the zucchini.
- Add the shredded carrots, sprouts and a couple tablespoons of creamy cilantro sauce and start rollin' 😉
14 thoughts on “Raw Vegan Nori Rolls with Cilantro Sauce”
Those look delicious. 🙂
Ill be making these SOON! I love nori rolls but havent had them for too long + these looks amazingly good.
Just found your website! So much goodies!
Dunno which one to try out first haha!
This looks stunning – I love the colours!
Simple recipe with a lot of flavor. The sauce is brilliant!
I love anything that includes Zucchini! My mom always have an over abundance of it in the garden 🙂
We sorta have the something like this in the Philippines though we don’t use seaweed wrap. And we usually fry it – so yeah, not healthy 🙁 This is obviously much more better!
This looks phenomenal! Simple, delicious, loads of veggies, Loooove it!
Thanks for posting! I cook for a family of 5 and we love veggies! When it comes to finding family-friendly veggie recipes, I love your site!
Mmmm, looks delish!
I’m making this tonight, it looks great!
Keep the healthy foodie coming!
So simple and delicious! Will certainly be trying this, thank you.
Bring on the zucchini! This is one uber healthy sushi!