These zucchini roll ups with herbed macadamia cheese are the latest installment in a string of bite sized treats I’m partial to: cucumber rolls with herbed cashew cheese, eggplant bruschetta, sunflower seed stuffed mushrooms… Looks like I’m on a raw snack roll (no pun intended)!
Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
Zucchini Roll Ups With Herbed Macadamia Cheese
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup of raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of Celtic Salt
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of water
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon of diced red onion
- Slice the zucchini using a mandoline slicer on the 3mm / 1/8" setting.
- Put the remaining ingredients (except the tomato) in the Vitamix and blend away until you obtain a smooth and fluffy consistency.
- Cut the Roma tomato into long, thin slices.
- Place a tablespoon of macadamia cheese on the largest end of the zucchini slices, add a piece of tomato and roll on!
- Et voilà!
10 thoughts on “Macadamia Cheese & Zucchini Roll Ups”
Isn’t this just the perfect summer snack. Love it!
Definitely one I will be recreating 🙂
What a wonderful combination of ingredients and flavors!
I’ve never liked zucchini but i think this snack could convince me otherwise!
Excellent dish! Super awesome for summer – when you’re craving for something fresh that’s easy to make. omg this is the best!
What a beautiful snack! I might have to make this tonight as an appetizer!
Thanks Ndoema ♥
I always have zucchini in my refrigerator! I will definitely be making this delish dish.
I like how gorgeous and lite this is!
I’ve just started this passion with raw greens. This one looks really, really good!
Luv the colors! And goodness that plate looks gorgeous!
I was bonding with my kids while i was doing this. So freakin’ easy to do!