These zucchini roll ups with herbed macadamia cheese are the latest installment in a string of bite sized treats I’m partial to: cucumber rolls with herbed cashew cheese, eggplant bruschetta, sunflower seed stuffed mushrooms… Looks like I’m on a raw snack roll (no pun intended)!
Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
Zucchini Roll Ups With Herbed Macadamia Cheese
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup of raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of Celtic Salt
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of water
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon of diced red onion
- Slice the zucchini using a mandoline slicer on the 3mm / 1/8" setting.
- Put the remaining ingredients (except the tomato) in the Vitamix and blend away until you obtain a smooth and fluffy consistency.
- Cut the Roma tomato into long, thin slices.
- Place a tablespoon of macadamia cheese on the largest end of the zucchini slices, add a piece of tomato and roll on!
- Et voilà!