Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
My eyes are literally bulging out right now, as I’m gazing at this scrumptious raw kale and pomegranate salad. Saying that I love kale salad would be an understatement…
Raw Kale and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 large bunch of curly kale (I do 2 but it's up to you!)
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 finely minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon of raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Chop the kale in thin slices (1/2 inch wide). You can remove the kale ribs if they're too chewy for your taste. I personally love the crunch!
- Toss the chopped kale in a bowl and add the red onion, raspberry vinegar, salt and olive oil.
- Gently massage the kale with your bare hands to soften it up and infuse with loving thoughts (this is my favorite part!)
- Toss the pomegranate seeds and let the salad sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes (that is if you can wait 😉
- For an extra treat, I like to add a couple tablespoons of my super creamy, fat free raspberry dressing on top. It's truly amazing!
- For a totally fat free and totally delicious salad, you can skip the olive oil and raspberry vinegar entirely, and massage instead the fat free raspberry dressing directly into the kale.
6 thoughts on “Raw Kale and Pomegranate Salad”
I tried it and I’m telling you, I am hooked! And because of your recipes, I have been inspired to be adventurous in the kitchen. My family is loving the new me! Thanks Ndoema, you are such an inspiration 🙂
I love mixing up recipes and creating adventurous meals! I’m a fan Ndoema!
Is the raspberry dressing the one that looks like jam on the side? Oh my gosh, i gotta try that too!
This salad is making my mouth water! Yummm!
Don’t laugh at me, ok? But I’ve never tried eating a pomegranate fruit. I’ve tried juices, yes. But the fruit itself? No. Insane, I know! I will definitely try this out.
I’ve never thought of this before. Where in heavens do you get your ideas? Your creative juices flow not only in front of the camera, but in the kitchen as well!