This is the first recipe from The Global Girl’s new HQ!
I’m almost moved in as I type… 😉 Setting up my raw kitchen (and camera gear) was first on my priority list so I could jump into un-cooking mode without further delay!
My Oh My! This raw vegan dessert is unabashedly decadent… But who doesn’t need a little decadence in their lives!
Plus without the high fructose corn syrup, transfats and other questionable stuff lurking in your average processed sweet treat, this raw indulgence is def a step up on the nutritional ladder. And of course, as is the case with all my recipes, this dessert is 100% raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and even nut free.
Ok, now that you’re warned, let’s get down to business.
Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
Chocolate Caramel Durian Fudge Brownies
Category Healthy Living Raw Desserts Raw Food Recipes
- 1 cup of durian flesh
- 1/2 cup of medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- Throw the durian, dates, raisins and water into the Vitamix and blend until you obtain a super-duper creamy consistency.
- Remove half of the mixture (this is the caramel!), and add the raw cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Spread the caramel layer in a glass pyrex "baking" dish, then cover with a layer of the chocolate fudge.
- Place in the freezer for two hours.
- Note: You can pretty much always find durians at Asian markets around the world (I personally have!). They are commonly imported from Thailand and frozen so if it's the case, make sure you thaw your durian beforehand. Also you can use carob instead of cocoa powder if you're not into chocolate. I personally do cocoa for my better half and carob for moi, because I'm not a big cocoa girl 😉
11 thoughts on “Chocolate & Caramel Durian Fudge”
These look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!
I have always thought that my friend who gave up gluten is missing out on a lot. Even her parents feel bad that she can’t eat desserts but this would be a great solution 🙂
I don’t try to avoid gluten myself, but I learned that 2 of my close friends said they have given it up for a while now. Now I feel compelled to learn how to make gluten-free stuff. I really appreciate all the notes and tips you add to your recipes 🙂
I have tried other desserts from other websites who promised that the recipes were gluten free and dairy free and yet they taste like cork board :/ I’m new to Glogal Girl and I noticed you have a lot of recipes! This is the first one I am trying out!
Hi Global Girl! I’m from Indonesia and we have durian too! I can make candies out of durian, but I have never tried cake. If this turns out great, which I’m sure it will 🙂 I will sell it haha!
Never heard of durian. I guess its time to take a trip to the Asian store. Thanks for the idea!
I can imagine myself having zero self-control after making these! They look yummy!
You had me at the mention of chocolate fudge brownies! These look amazing!
There is no way you can have chocolate without the fat.This is unbelievable!
Samples please! 🙂
Ha! Wish I could invite you into my kitchen for a bite 😉 I’d be more than happy to share! xoxo