The Global Girl is officially in Holiday mode!
No seriously, aren’t these cute!? I call them my rainbow cheesecake bites. The colors alone give you an instant feel-good boost.
I secret behind this vibrant two-toned cheesecake is the mighty Goji berry. I love it year-round but it’s especially awesome for adding gorgeous color and an extra dose of antioxidant to special occasion desserts. I’ve already shared two Goji berry recipes I love, my three-layer frozen cake and epic mango/raspberry parfait. Three is a charm as they say to here’s the latest installment of my Goji berry themed treats.
As always this super tasty raw dessert is totally vegan, gluten free, dairy free, oil free and has no refined sugar.
Photography and Recipe by Ndoema
Raw Vegan Lemon Goji Berry Cheesecake
- 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of raw honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of Goji berries
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of dried figs
- 1/2 cup of unsulfured raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 3 fresh figs
- Throw the cashews, lemon juice, water and sweetener in the Vitamix and blend until smooth.
- Remove half and add the Goji berries and orange juice. Blend until you get a creamy consistency and refrigerate.
- Place the almonds, dried figs, raisins and lemon zest in a food processor using the "s-blade". Process until fine and sticky.
- I like to use a mold to shape the cheesecake. Press the crust mixture first until it's nice and dense. Pour a layer of lemon cheese cake followed by a layer of Goji berry cheese cake and refrigerate.
- When you're ready to serve, add a few slices of fresh figs.