Sure 4th of July isn’t the Met Gala red carpet or anything like that. It’s definitely a more laid back thing. And of course it’s got to be the time of year to proudly boast your patriotic pride. Though head-to-toe stars and stripes is de rigueur, I don’t know about you but for me wrapping myself up in a flag isn’t an option (oh yes, it’s been done).
Because this patriotic holiday calls for a more laissez-faire approach to style doesn’t mean you should throw your chic to the wind.
Here are my tips and styling ideas to glam up your stars and stripes garb.[divider top=”0″]
Edge up your classic stars and stripes tee with a sexy pair of body-hugging leather skinny jeans in black, red or blue. You can subtly accent your patriotic-themed look with star-detail accessories like this gorge star-bib necklace and worship-worthy Giuseppe Zanotti cage bootie-sandals.
1. True Religion Embellished print T-shirt, $78 (on sale now!).
2. Auden star bib necklace, $678.
3. Saint Laurent leather skinny pants, $2,334 (on sale now!).
4. Giuseppe Zanotti star-detail suede cage bootie-sandal, $1253.25 (on sale now!).
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim sunglasses in vapour/blue mirror, $280.
2. Balmain leather skinny trousers, $2,466.53 (on sale now!).
3. Jerome C. Rousseau addic perforated booties, $358.00 (on sale now!).
4. Blue Life flag phoenix tee, $92.
1. Barbara Bui leather trouser, $813.00 (on sale now!).
2. Stella McCartney star cavendish faux-leather Boston bag, $1595.00.
3. ROMWE American Flag print rolled grey T-shirt, $20.99.
4. Courreges glam oversized sunglasses, $455.
Take a bold and graphic approach to the stars and stripes theme and give your look a punch with statement-making accessories like these out-of-this-world cat eye sunnies and hypnotic Desmo red stripe oversized clutch.
1. KTZ chunky cat-eye sunglasses, $305.83.
2. Giuseppe Zanotti stars & strips boot, $786.97 (on sale now!).
3. Maison Martin Margiela contrast stripe trouser, $826 (on sale now!).
4. Givenchy stars and stripes cotton tee in black, $690.
1. Forever 21 striped round sunglasses, $3.48 (on sale now!).
2. Desmo riviera cotton canvas oversized clutch, $438 (on sale now!).
3. Kristin Cavallari ‘Leila’ Bootie, $159.95.
4. Alexander McQueen blue check & stripe print trousers, $716 (on sale now!).
1. Alexander McQueen zip-trim motorcycle vest & side-stripe leaf crepe pant, $3,278 (on sale now!).
2. Alexander McQueen striped platform pumps, $481.39 (on sale now!).
3. Givenchy small top handle striped bag, $2,850.
Et voilà! Here you have it. Fabulous catwalk-chic ways to look fly in patriotic garb.
14 thoughts on “Patriotic Chic”
I love the top selection in black, and the blue-themed ensemble. The red one is not bad too. Heck I’d wear all of them!
I’m having a blast with all these wonderful outfits!
Happy 4th of July Ndoema! Hope you enjoy the long weekend!
Awesome choices Ndoema! I’m inlove with every single piece!
Your 4th of July ideas are magnificent! These will surely turn heads!
Take out your credit cards everyone! Love the accessories! Everything has a statement!
Different choices for different personalities. Good thinking Ndoema! I’d definitely wear the first 2 batches,
I want everything!
Great choices Ndoema!
You’re the answer to my prayers! I have a 4th of July party to attend to and I was out of ideas as to what I was going to wear. Thanks Ndoema! You’re a lifesaver 🙂
You had me at “on sale!” lol. Yes, I agree with you, there’s really no other way but to go bold.
omg what a fab collection! Though some of the prices are not within my budget, I found some that are so affordable that I just got to have ém meself!