Photography & Recipe by Ndoema
Spring is in the air!
I’m a firm believer in detoxing year–round, but Spring is that time of year when I always feel that special urge to clean house and amp up my detox regimen. I’ve recently gotten started on a super-duper daily beet juice detox protocol (more on that later…), so I’m naturally gravitating towards detox-friendly recipes that are both light and hearty. Gotta satisfy that voracious appetite of mine!
I’ve really been loving these raw vegan tacos (for my all-time fave raw taco recipe, check out A Week’s Worth of Raw Mexican).
That thick and smoky chipotle hummus is especially delish. It’s become my latest culinary obsession. It’s totally raw, vegan, gluten-free, nut free and oil free and does not use beans at all.
Vegan Tacos with Chipotle Hummus (raw & gluten free)
Category Healthy Living Raw Entrees and Appetizers
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1/4 head of red cabbage
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- SMOKY CHIPOTLE HUMMUS
- 1 large zucchini (2 cups chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- Pinch of Celtic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 or 2 whole chipotle peppers (I love my hummus spicy so I go for two)
- 1/2 cup of spring water
- 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes (soaked for a couple of hours)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- Place all the hummus ingredients in a Vitamix, and blend until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate.
- Prep the tacos goodies:
- Shred the cabbage and slice the cucumber using a mandoline slicer.
- Slice the tomatoes, chop the red onion and shred the carrots using your fave food processor.
- When ready to serve, place the veggies in the full cabbage leaves with a couple tablespoons of chipotle hummus.
- When I'm super hungry or entertaining, I like to add a touch of raw vegan mayo (you'll find the recipe in A Week's Worth of Raw Dressings). It's insanely delish!
5 thoughts on “Raw Vegan Tacos & Chipotle Hummus”
Your sumptuous treats are staples in my home. Thank you for another good one!
I love how your easy-to-do recipes make me look like a pro in front in my hubby haha! Thanks for this Ndoema.
Can’t wait to whip this up in my kitchen!
Is this what I have to eat to have a bikini-bod like you?
Just what I need to stay fit before the summer. Yay!